Friday, February 18, 2011

Reflections on my Pedicure

I feel bad for my current and well any of my Pedicurist. My feet are currently in disarray and really inappropriate for public but here I am, torchering the poor girl. I don't really feel bad. And I'm definitely not one of those people concerned that my feet are being critiqued in Vietnamese or any other Asian language. I know they are. I would if I were them. But when it comes down to it, they chose the job and I need, no deserve to be pampered.

I also tend feel bad because, like the wonderful Powell sisters, my feet are incredibly ticklish and this is only intensified when they put in the Herculean elbow grease needed to make these babies soft. But the massaging. . . Well that's damn near heaven.

But I tip them well and don't feel nearly as bad for my manicurist (although I am much more critical) and go on my way with the belief that someone with tougher, even more manly feet will come along. Maybe they look back and think "you know, her feet weren't that bad after all." Either way. . . I look and feel fancy. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment