Friday, February 4, 2011

The Awesome Power of a Work Out

It's amazing what a really good workout can do for the psyche.  I mean an hour long, sweat your ass off workout.  With the music blaring and you don't care who sees you rock out because in that moment, you are the only one in the gym.  You can be beaten down, walked all over, given up hope but when you drag your ass out of the gym and have to rev your car out of first gear because your legs don't work right you know you can take on the world.  And while you rocked out to some angry "I am woman, hear me roar" stuff in the gym, in the car its the "Yeah I'm awesome, deal with it" rap that gets you going.  You go from "What's next" to "Let's do this bitches!"  When you fall out the habit, when working out its on your radar, you forget this feeling.  But once you find it again, it's almost addicting.

So now, instead of being let down, I'm empowered.  To make a change.  To find what's next.  To finish what I start.  To stop sabotaging myself.  To be a better me.  To blow the lid off this shit and show the world how spectacular I am.

As 50 Cent put it so eloquently (and loudly) on my way home:
"Hate or Love the Underdog is on top
And I'm gonna shine homie until my heart stops.
Go 'head and envy me
I'm raps MVP
And I ain't goin no where so you can get to know me."

And who knows people, maybe I am raps next MVP. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment